karlslittlesoapbox

29 March 2006

Springtime

Spring is here in the Ozarks. The trees are starting to leaf out. The flowers are blooming everywhere and the bees are beginning to make honey again. Cool! I wish I could bottle it all up and send it to you. And yet, with all this beauty and loveliness, I can't help but long ever more for Heaven and an earth re-created. An earth with no disease, no stinging wasps (which are also out in abundance), no IRS, no sadness, no war, no misunderstandings, no anger, no exhaustion, no pollution causing vehicles, no cigarettes or any other drugs, no splinters, no poison ivy, no ticks, no misquitos, no deadlines except for the wonderful weekly Sabbath.

I know that some will not agree with this, but what I see in all of the natural disasters and strange weather patterns is that God is allowing this world to get less and less appealing so I will be more and more ready for the return of Jesus. The tsunami in Asia, earthquake in Pakistan, Katrina-Rita, a record number of days with no rain in Phoenix, record snows, flooding in places around the world, talk of a new dustbowl in the midwest, record numbers of tornados, extreme amounts of rain in Hawaii, etc., etc., etc. The severe weather has NEVER been so widespread and in such quick succession.

Jesus IS coming soon. I can hardly wait.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home