karlslittlesoapbox

22 January 2006

Supreme Concerns

If you have been watching the process of adding Supreme Court members, you've seen the best of (or worst of, depending on your political leanings) Washinton, DC. Being in broadcasting, I am a bit of a news junkie. (BTW, does everyone know what news stands for?) If Samuel Alito is nominated, and it does look like that is likely at this date, then, out of 9 justices, there will be 5 Catholics and one Episcopal - a denomination that has basically fully re-unified with the Catholic church. Does this not concern anyone? Basically there will be 6 out of 9 that are from the same church. I have concerns about this from a viewpoint of Bible prophecy and the history (including recent history) of the Papal influence, power and agenda. However, I would also be very concerned if the majority were all Jehova's Witness, Mormon, Baptist or even Seventh-day Adventist. Is anyone else troubled by this, or am I the only one?

4 Comments:

  • It concerns me whenever there is a possibility that the right to do with my own body and make my own personal choices is put into jeopardy. The fact that Samuel Alito has a record that sides almost exclusively with big business and against the little people (that's you and me, the tax payers) concerns me. The fact that there seems to be no end to the eroding of the boundaries that determine what can and cannot be foisted on another person in the name of moral values concerns me. I have no doubt that this man will be put into place. He will swing the votes and we will soon live in a theocracy, not a democracy. And that, after all that we supposedly were based on in this country makes me sad. We will soon be living completely under the thumb of a few that believe that they have the truth and we ALL must think like they do. I dont' care what religion a person is, as long as they don't expect me to live my life according to their values. Unfortunately we have lived blindly and silently for too long and all the power is now concentrated in the hands of a few who will weild it to the detriment of the rest of us. We are no longer the shining light we once were and we will continue to be hated in the world and THAT is the saddest thing of all because I know that we are not all like that, but it's what we'll be labled as. Talk about your marks of the beast!

    By Blogger Red, at 9:00 PM, January 23, 2006  

  • Interesting. I'm not an alarmist y any means. We've had interesting mixes in those offices and even in the Presidency before and nothing ever came of it, despite many potluck discussions to the contrary. When it's time, it's time and I'll be ready to meet that. I get too exhausted trying to figure out this possible scenario and that...

    By Blogger Trailady, at 12:21 PM, January 24, 2006  

  • Pay attention, but don't get paranoid. Be aware, be alert, but be realistic. If you are looking for a conspiracy around every corner, you'll find people to provide them. However, if you discount everything, you just may be surprised one day. So, watch the news, stay on top of current events, but more importantly stay in tune with Christ. God has not given us a spirit of fear.

    By Blogger Roseuvsharon, at 6:29 PM, January 24, 2006  

  • Doesnt bother me one bit as long as Im free to live my life the way I see fit and according to my consience. There will always be religous people in office and I agree with roseuvsharon, we cant have a panic attack everytime theres an election.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 AM, January 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home